Our 72-Hour Fermented Pizza Dough
This 72 hour pizza dough is going to change your home pizza game, forever. The end result is a pizza dough that compares to some of the top pizzeria's in the country. The dough has only 4 ingredients: flour, salt, water and yeast. After combining the ingredients, we kick off our 72 hour dough with a 24 hour bulk fermentation, at room temperature. After 24 hours, we shape the dough into dough balls and cold ferment for an additional 48 hours before its ready for your pizza night.
72 Hour Pizza Dough Recipe (makes 8- 240g Pizza Doughs)
Recipe in video is a variation, amounts differ but technique is the same
1110 grams bread flour
36 grams fine sea salt
2 grams active dry yeast
782 grams water
1. Combine dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
2. Slowly add water, using a wooden spoon mix thoroughly.
3. Remove from bowl and knead for 2-3 minutes to remove any clumps.
4. Place dough in a bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap.
5. Place on counter and bulk ferment for 24 hours at room temperature.
6. Lightly flour a work surface, remove dough and place on floured work surface.
7. Divide dough into equal portions. Next we're going to make dough balls. Place one dough between your hands and fold two sides into center. Rotate 90 degrees and fold into center and continue this process until a ball is formed. Place smooth side into palm and swiftly pinch the seam closed. You can be aggressive with the pinch.
8. Place dough into highly oiled plastic cylinders, date cylinders and place in fridge for 48 hours.
9. Remove from refrigerator at least 1 hour before you use.